Friday 3 January 2014

A-Z: Abaddon

My headache is finally subsiding for me to be able to make some Youtube content and write my first A-Z Dota blog.
This week was intended to be Abaddon week but I kept playing Enchantress and it is really frustrating. I have played a few games with Abaddon but I will make another today and link it below to watch.
What have I learnt about Abaddon? People think that Abaddon can be a hard carry and I completely disagree in most circumstances. I feel like if Abaddon got farmed enough and had the right items he could be a secondary support carry. If the other team has a hard carry such as Alchemist or Phantom Lancer than the Abaddon hard carry would easily be out carried by an equally farmed Alchemist or Phantom Lancer. Abaddon is definitely a support, he can be a tanker with his shield and protect his team easily.
When I play Abaddon I always max out Aphotic Shield and Mist Coil first. Sometimes I will put a point in Curse of Avernus as well but depends who I am up against.
Abaddon's items will usually focus around support such as magic wand, courier, clarity, tangos and wards to start with and transition into power treads, Eul's Septor, Urn of Shadows and Mekanism, Aghamins Scepter and Scythe of Vyse. I also don't mind Arcane boots if they are more appropriate for the situation. Late game I might also grab a Linkins Sphere I feel there are too many stuns and he needs more survive-ability.
So this is my basic Abaddon build. I have read a few different guides on how to play him best and have come up with my basic guide on how I like to play him. Each situation is different I will play him in a different way when needed.
If you have any comments on this please let me know and I will be posting the video shortly so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment